Every morning we wake up and feel happy that we’re fortunate enough to live in such a lovely place, a county where people come on holiday, a place where the summer weather is glorious more often than not, the seas are balmy more often than not, and there’s always loads to do and see. As you can imagine August is our busiest month, no wonder when the entire town is packed with happy revellers, and our gorgeous beaches are at their glorious best.
Holiday adventures await you – What’s on in Newquay this month?
There are loads of organised events for you to enjoy this August, as you can see from our list below. But our magical county is an adventure in itself. Plenty of our visitors spend their time with us simply exploring the countryside, the cliffs, the coast, the castles and stately homes, the gardens and the wildlife. On the other hand if all you fancy doing is lounging in a deck chair reading books, or stargazing your nights away, Newquay is just about perfect for that, too!
If you want to cram loads of activities and events into your time with us, here’s what’s on offer this month. There’s something for everyone, of every age, and you’ll enjoy a traditional warm Cornish welcome.
19 cool things to do in Newquay for August 2017
- Willow Weaving at the Coastal Valley Campsite – turn up and weave your very own willow masterpiece – up to 28th August
- Paulos Circus at Treloggan – here until 2nd September
- Summer of Science at Camel Creek Adventure Park – throughout the school holidays, held at St Issey near Wadebridge, until 2nd September
- Creation Fest 2017, Wadebridge – a brilliant free music festival – until 11th August
- Live Music at Whiskers throughout August
- Flambards Fireworks Spectacular at Helston – 9th August
- Boardmasters Surf and Music Festival 2017 – 9th – 13th August at Fistral Beach
- Chris Bannister plays John Denver at the Lane Theatre – 11th August
- Flambards Fireworks Spectacular at Helston – 14th August, 16th August
- Octopus Treasure Trail at the Blue Reef Aquarium – until 31st August
- Craft Fayre at The Concho Lounge – 19th August
- Newquay Harbour Sports Day 2017 – 19th August
- Newquay Lifeboat Day – 20th August
- St Dennis Band – Killacourt Live! Summer Sessions – 20th August
- Flambards Fireworks Spectacular with Justin Bieber Tribute Act – 21st August
- Flambards Fireworks Spectacular – 23rd August
- Cornwall Pride Comes to Newquay – 26th August
- St Dennis Band – Killacourt Live! Summer Sessions – 27th August
- Flambards Fireworks Spectacular – 28th August 2017, 30th August
Visiting Newquay in September when the school holidays are over? There’s also plenty to do in September, which is another month when the weather often treats us kindly.
If you’re looking for a friendly, smart, convenient B and B in Newquay for August, we might just be able to squeeze you in! Check out our bookings page…