Well it’s that time of year again. Christmas is almost here, there’s a new year on the horizon, and with that comes another magical holiday season filled with fun and sunshine. So here’s to 2018… will you be joining us next year? If so we’re open from March onwards, and we’re already busy making our B and B in Newquay perfect for our guests.
In the meantime there are plenty of things to do and see in our pretty, friendly little town between now and Christmas. Here are a few of the best. Let’s hope we see you there.
13 lucky Christmas events in Newquay
- Christmas at Camel Creek Adventure Park is proving a big attraction this year, running up until 23rd December with a Xmas disco, Santa on tap and the Elf Express to enjoy.
- If you adore nothing better than a good festive singalong, head for St Michael’s church where the Newquay Band, Newquay Male Voice Choir, Rowing Club Singers and the church choir itself will be singing carols on Sunday 17th from half past six in the evening onwards.
- The town’s Male Voice Choir is also singing at the RNLI concert on the 7th December, at the Hotel Bristol.
- The 20th December offers you the chance to join the fun at Kim’s Christmas Craft Club, held at the Cribbar. Make your own decorations and cards from 10am onwards and give your creative self a treat.
- The Oceanflow Christmas Silent Disco Yoga is on at the Hotel Victoria Ballroom on Sunday 10th, complete with 100+ yoga fans of every age. What a wonderful experience.
- All in aid of an excellent cause, head for St Michael’s Church again on 13th December for more Xmas carols, thanks to the Thursday Club and the In Tune Choir. The proceeds go to Cornwall Hospice Care.
- Love the sound of brass bands? Our brilliant town band will be in the foyer at Sainsbury’s from 11am to half twelve on the 16th then at the zoo from two ’til three in the afternoon, and again at Morrisons on Sunday 17th from 12.30-3pm.
- Blue Reef Aquarium is celebrating with a Christmas Pudding trail, crafts and fun festive activities every day from 16th December to 3rd
- Sing along with carols around the piano at 55 Yards Bar, Townhouse and Bottleshop on 17th between 5-6pm, and enjoy more carolling on 17th thanks to the Rowing Club singers, who will be singing at the rowing club at 8pm.
- Newquay junior Academy is holding a Xmas Fair on 7th from 5pm to 6.30, stacked with stalls. And there’s a Craft Fair at the Lighthouse Cinema on Sunday 12th from 9.30am to late afternoon, complete with Tretherras School Vocal 7 Choir in the foyer and a low-cost showing of the big Xmas movie favourite, Home Alone.
- Newquay Council is holding their annual Festive Fun community Market at the Killacourt, complete with Santa’s Grotto. The fun kicks off on Saturday 9th. And Santa will be in his magical grotto at the Cottages at Trenance Gardens on 9th and 10th December
- Crantock Village switches on its Xmas lights on 9th December at 4.30 in the afternoon, a magical experience guaranteed to make you feel all warm and festive.
- The Walkabout is your venue on 17th for a Christmas movie marathon, with a host of magical festive movies shown all day.
Looking for a cosy, welcoming bed and breakfast in Newquay Cornwall?
Plenty of early birds begin the holiday planning process around this time of year. If you’re keen to find a warmly welcoming, clean and well equipped B&B in Newquay, walk this way!